...
I typically do not slow down enough to write or read for pleasure on a regular basis but one thing I do is capture life's moments through the lens of a camera. This isn't something I claim to be good at. In fact, photographer doesn't even come to mind when I think of who I am. What does come to mind is I'm the one with the camera journeying through life as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.
....

Thursday

11.25.10 - Addressing Christmas Cards

Thanksgiving Day didn't go exactly as planned.  We had hoped to head over to my parents in the morning and then head over to Aunt Wendy and Uncle Jim's mid afternoon.  Instead with one sick little guy, we let him get a good morning nap before heading to my parents.  Only Derk and Jalen got to go to Aunt Wendy & Uncle Jim's but I did get a piece of her homemade Raspberry pie...a Thanksgiving tradition.

While we waited for Ty to wake up from his morning nap the rest of us started to address the Christmas cards.  Jalen has been into drawing pictures and sat next to me drawing on all the cards for family that we won't be mailing.  He was so cute, he would ask me who the card was for and then with such focus he'd draw a picture of them.  Addressing Christmas cards turned out to be special family time.  I loved it!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Now this is indeed a way to look at the situation as half full. :)

Post a Comment