Derk and I have always taken an extremely relaxed approach in the academic development of Jalen. We encourage development when we play games, read books or are driving in the car with him. I figure it will eventually come with time and so far that's proven to be true. After working with Jalen to write his name on his Valentine's cards we decided we really needed to start working with him on a more regular basis to write his name and letters. The hard part is finding the time and energy on a consistent basis after working all day while trying to keep it "fun" for him. He doesn't like being told what or how to do something especially from his Dad. He seems to do best when you encourage him, let him explore and tell him how proud you are of him. It has definitely been interesting watching him learn and grow...I don't know who's learning more - him or us!

No comments:
Post a Comment