We stopped to pick up some corn on the cob from a street side
farmer and ended up with a watermelon, not just any watermelon
but one full of seeds. I don't know that I've ever cut a seeded melon.
As I cut it apart and picked out the seeds I knew I wasn't going
to get them all. What a pain I thought but then I remembered my
mom saying it was "good luck" if you had the bay leaf in
your soup bowl. Immediately, the glass went from half empty to
half full...this week in our house if you found a black seed
in your watermelon you got to make a wish. The kids loved it!
farmer and ended up with a watermelon, not just any watermelon
but one full of seeds. I don't know that I've ever cut a seeded melon.
As I cut it apart and picked out the seeds I knew I wasn't going
to get them all. What a pain I thought but then I remembered my
mom saying it was "good luck" if you had the bay leaf in
your soup bowl. Immediately, the glass went from half empty to
half full...this week in our house if you found a black seed
in your watermelon you got to make a wish. The kids loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment