...
I typically do not slow down enough to write or read for pleasure on a regular basis but one thing I do is capture life's moments through the lens of a camera. This isn't something I claim to be good at. In fact, photographer doesn't even come to mind when I think of who I am. What does come to mind is I'm the one with the camera journeying through life as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.
....

Thursday

10.6.11 - Proud Dad

Who would have known that only 5 years later Derk would be choking up at this...

Jalen joined the team for their pre-game locker room talk b/c Derk decided to have Jalen as the water boy for the first time. At the end of the pre-game speech they asks if anyone has anything else to add. Jalen raises his hand and shares as confident as can be "tonight I'm the water boy". Here this 5 year is holding his own and speaking to a group of 16 year olds about his role in the game.  Derk said Jalen was even stretching before the game and told Derk he needed to so he could run fast and get the water to the guys quickly. Derk said he also got in line at the end of their two by two line up to walk on the field with the team. I broke Jalen's heart when I took him home at halftime b/c he has school tomorrow and needed to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment