...
I typically do not slow down enough to write or read for pleasure on a regular basis but one thing I do is capture life's moments through the lens of a camera. This isn't something I claim to be good at. In fact, photographer doesn't even come to mind when I think of who I am. What does come to mind is I'm the one with the camera journeying through life as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.
....

Tuesday

3.1.11 - Hello Water!

We were welcome home to basement full of water!  A pipe froze in a corner exterior wall and it must have happened earlier in the day because roughly 2 inches of water covered our basement.  Derk's first reaction was that Jalen had turned the spicket on outside and the frozen ground caused it to pour into the house.  We quickly learned that wasn't the case - called the builder, plumber, a few friends to help get everything off the floor, our insurance company and Modernistic.  The day wrapped up a little before 3am...we'll see what the next few days brings.  For now, we'll enjoy the sounds of 3 large humidifiers and a dozen or so large fans.  

2 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

I want to say "cool picture" but the whole basement-flooding thing is not-so-cool (but you captured the moment so good job!)

Theresa said...

I agree with Katie. You captured it perfectly!

Post a Comment