...
I typically do not slow down enough to write or read for pleasure on a regular basis but one thing I do is capture life's moments through the lens of a camera. This isn't something I claim to be good at. In fact, photographer doesn't even come to mind when I think of who I am. What does come to mind is I'm the one with the camera journeying through life as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.
....
I typically do not slow down enough to write or read for pleasure on a regular basis but one thing I do is capture life's moments through the lens of a camera. This isn't something I claim to be good at. In fact, photographer doesn't even come to mind when I think of who I am. What does come to mind is I'm the one with the camera journeying through life as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.
....
Wednesday
12.1.10 - White Dust
There is nothing like waking up to the season's 1st dusting of snow.
In an effort to capture life's little moments,
I share two stories from today:
1) Jalen, what did you do today. Jalen's response: made a baby. Derk's response: I like making babies. Jalen's response: we made baby Jesus. My comment to Derk: Don't get any ideas.
2) Just about every day we realize that Jalen is smarter than we think he is. This morning we realized he has a new tactic of getting us out of bed. He knows if only he is up we tell him to go back to bed, watch TV or find something else to do but we are sleeping. He knows if Ty is crying that we have to get up and help him. So, we realized after two days of Ty waking up at the crack of dawn (5:30am) and Ty's bedroom door being open when we went to get him out of bed that something was going on. I assumed that Ty's door being open was from Jalen, but that he was trying to helpful and "checking" his little brother. After interrogating Jalen we learned he was waking Ty up so we would all get out of bed. I couldn't believe the truth when Jalen described his madness. I'm still in disbelief that my 4 year old would be so wise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment